Due to changes within the KMEG organization, impacting all channels that were affiliated with KMEG, please be advised that for the next several weeks the current and upcoming shows listed on the channel guide will not match what is actually showing.
The following channels are being impacted by this issue:
- Channel 8 – Guide reads “KMEGH” – what is listed as “currently showing” on the guide does not match the actual programming. Despite what the channel guide reads, normal CBS programming will continue.
- Channel 133 – Guide reads “KMEG2” – what is listed as “currently showing” on the guide does not match the actual programming.
- Channel 137 – may appear based on your service region
- Channel 140 – may appear based on your service region
- Channel 203 HD – Guide reads “KMEGH” – what is listed as “currently showing” on the guide does not match the actual programming. Despite what the channel guide reads, normal CBS programming will continue.
These issues have nothing to do with Milford Communications. The programming is through Sinclair broadcasting which now owns the CBS content and Rovi/TiVo which is the guide company. We are hoping that these two companies can coordinate with each other to make sure the programming matches the guide information. We’ve been in contact with both companies doing everything we can to encourage them to resolve this quickly. We apologize for the inconvenience. It is our hope that everything will be correct in 2-4 weeks.
In the meantime, …
If you have set a Recording on your DVR:
This will be an issue especially if a recording is set, since the DVR records based off the guide information. If you have a recording set on any of the following channels (8, 133, 137. 140 and 203), please go directly to the timeframe that the show you want should be recording and set a one-time recording for that timeframe regardless of what the guide says will be “showing” during that slot.
How this Impacts the Superbowl – Sunday, Feb. 7 @ 5:30pm:
Please note that the Superbowl will still be showing on Channels 8 and 203HD, but the guide information for the Superbowl timeslot will not be correct.
You can still watch the Superbowl on channels 8 and 203. The pregame and kickoff schedule is as follows:
- 10:30 am – “That other Pregame Show” & “Road to the Super Bowl”
- Noon – “Tony Goes to the Super Bowl” with Tony Romo
- 1pm – 5pm – Pregame Show hosted by James Brown
- 5:30 pm – Kickoff