Get ready for the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil!
August 5-21, 2016
42 SPORTS | 306 EVENTS | 37 VENUES | 206 COUNTRIES | 10,000+ ATHLETES
NBC television coverage will begin with the Opening Ceremony on Friday, Aug. 5, with primetime coverage on NBC running from Aug. 5-21. Bob Costas returns to host primetime coverage on NBC, with Ryan Seacrest hosting NBC’s late-night coverage.
How to Watch:
Download the Olympics Viewing Guide for a list of channels and tips for watching on Cable TV and streaming Olympic coverage online.
- KTIV – NBC (ch. 4 or 201 HD)
- CNBC (ch. 69 or 244 HD)
- NBCSN (ch. 92 or 264 HD)
- Golf Channel (ch. 48 or 249 HD)
- USA (ch. 70 or 250 HD)
- MSNBC (ch. 57 or 243 HD)
- Bravo (ch. 89 or 267 HD)
Cable TV “Bonus” Channels:
- Ch. 277 – features coverage of basketball events
- Ch. 278 – features special coverage of soccer events
On the web:
- Live-stream Olympics coverage at nbcolympics.com
- Watch any of the channels listed above online on your computer, tablet, smart phone or streaming device with WatchTVEverywhere.com. Need to create an account? This tutorial will help.*
NBC has an app “NBC Sports Live Extra” available for Apple and Android devices as well as streaming services (Google Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku Box etc.). This app features behind the scenes footage, and additional “extras” including olympian profiles and more.
What is on? When is it on? Check out the schedule.
*Must subscribe to Cable TV package that includes applicable NBCUniversal networks.